Heilbron Hospitality specialises in the training of hotel butlers as well as butlers working in exclusive guesthouses and private game reserves.
We offer a customised Butler Training that directly benefits your organisation through our training system, easy-to-understand explanations and the use of role-playing exercises. We have invested many years in research and have the expertise to provide a training that leads to visible results, great guest feedback, proud staff members and positive work habits.
Our ‘4-Step Training Module©’ is recommended for both advanced and intermediate groups.
For the advanced group of butlers, it is possible to work by means of a Role Play module, which runs automatically through the various subjects to be dealt with afterwards. In a personal meeting we would be more than happy to explain our methods.
During our training we focus on:
- The Role of the Butler
- Guest Awareness
- Technical Skills
- Etiquette & Protocol
- Emotional Intelligence
- Food & Wine Service
- Attention To Detail
- Creating The Right Image
We also focus on subjects with an emphasis on ‘being a proud butler’ and on polishing up the various skills a butler with distinction should possess, while getting ‘the stars and stripes’ back into the team.
Heilbron Hospitality is active around the world. One of the advantages, is that we are able to work with butlers from all corners of the globe. Here are some of the nationalities we have trained:
- South African
Below are some of the hotels where we have trained, or are currently training, butlers:
During the training, the butlers learn how to add a ‘touch of class’ to their existing duties.
We work together with the butlers to optimise their Table Service skills, Wine Knowledge, Etiquette & Protocol skills, their attention to detail, their boundaries and how to add thoughtful touches of luxury, in the correct manner, to the guest’s experience.
Heilbron Hospitality understands and respects the advantages of working with local staff and supports you with a custom-made training.
On occasion we are asked to train other staff at the same time, for example, waiters. For these staff members we focus on a ‘Touch of Butler Service’ in order to train them on the various basic butler skills, to refine their existing skills and to prepare them for the next level. Subjects covered are, amongst others, Manners, Protocol, Guest Awareness, Body Language and Food Service.
SOME CLIENT FEEDBACK“Thank you again for your time and commitment to the teams.”
- 5 Star Private Game Reserve, Hluhluwe, KwaZulu-Natal (2012)“This Butler Training is excellent compared to others. A passionate trainer with expert knowledge and live examples.”
- 5 Star Hotel, Cape Town (2012)“So good to get to know you. We are looking forward to working with you and to having more staff trained by you. We are delighted to be associated with Heilbron Hospitality.”
- Agency specialising in unique luxury accommodation in South Africa (2012)“I will always consider you my mentor and I will always have a very special place for you. Thank you for your unending patience and enthusiasm and showing us all how to have style and grace. You are an inspiration to us all.”
- Hotel Butler student (2012)“Dear Marc, It has been an amazing honour to be in your class. You have imparted your knowledge and expertise in such a way that it has increased my desire to work as a butler. I hope that one day I will have the same grace as you. Thank you for giving us such a firm and sure foundation in our careers as 21st century hotel butlers.”
- Hotel Butler Student (2011)